Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Life With Two Children

Life with two kids has been great! I worried how I would handle it and if it would be too stressful. There are stressful moments, but overall it is very easy! Kayla loves Tessa so much and is always trying to help me. She is quick to give her a binky when she is sad and showers her with kisses. Sometimes I worry for Tessa's safety because Kayla loves her so much. I am just crossing my fingers that one of the times that Kayla gives her an affectionate hug she doesn't crack one of Tessa's ribs or something. Tessa has been such an easy baby to take care of. She has been sleeping somewhere between 5-7 hour stretches at night and she is so happy and pleasant every day. I don't mean for this post to be a brag post, I am just vocalizing my thankfullness and my blessings. There are definately some difficult moments and sometimes some difficult entire days, but overall my life is so much better with this new addition and I am so thankful to have two beautiful little girls.


Kayla loves her cute friend Kallie. They have so much fun together.
We went to the park and Kayla had fun throwing rocks into the pond. Brandon and I would find the rocks and then she would throw them in.

Brandon with his two little girls. He photographs very tired looking. He is very tired actually because he stays up until 2 or 3:00 a.m. every day. Poor guy!

12 comments:

Elliott said...

I can't even wrap my head around what one kid will be like.

Tawnya said...

What beautiful girls. I love the picture of you and Kayla and the rocks. You should frame it.

Maddy said...

I am so glad we finally got over phone tag and talked today!! :) I am also so glad you posted this so I can see a picture of Tessa. Her eyes do look really different from Kayla's, but their mouths are a lot alike! your girls are b-e-a-utiful!!! I wish we could come out and see you guys. It will be way too long. We should do a video chat at least! We mith you guyth!!

ps. i love your bangs

Joe'n'Jess said...

very cute photos. we love you guys and we are glad that friends.

Abarca's said...

You're such a good Mom! I love the picture of Kayla and Kallie together (so cute)!

Megan said...

Cute Cute! I'm glad Tessa is sleeping so well for you...that really makes the biggest difference when your baby actually sleeps so you can! You look great by the way!

Sarah Keith said...

That's nice to hear that having 2 isn't too daunting! You look like a natural!

Liz said...

I'm so happy for you! What a blessing! Your girls are darling!!!

Natty said...

she is a doll. They both are, I am glad to hear that you are adjusting to having two children. It really stresses me out thinking that that is goin to be me soon.

The Hagen's said...

so I hear you are sporting around in a mini van... WOOT!

Andrea said...

Hey, cute blog. I found it through Lonny's blog. I hope that is ok. Thanks.

Erin said...

Oh Brittany, she is so precious and she looks so happy.
That pic of you and Kayla at the Lake is priceless.
Good to see you guys are doing so well.