Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring is here!



Iowa winters are unlike anything else I have ever experienced. Growing up in Utah, when spring came I was happy; but when spring comes in Iowa I feel victorious. It's like I've conquered some sort of battle. Even if the temperature is only 40 degrees it feels like a sin to not be outside enjoying it. Here are a few pictures of what we have been up to the last few weeks.

This is Tessa and Kayla's new favorite game. Tessa is starting to walk so she likes to hold on to Kayla while she walks around the room. Kayla will fall down on purpose causing Tessa to fall as well which results in a lot of laughter.
We took a walk around our favorite park the other day. This is an example of us feeling like we needed to be outside even though it was still a little cold. The pond still had a lot of ice and Kayla is shivering in this picture.
I pulled out Kayla's old swimming suit for Tessa and bought Kayla a new one. I took the girls to an indoor pool with a friend and they had a blast. Kayla jumped right in, but Tessa took awhile to get comfortable. Eventually she enjoyed it.
Kayla is so silly.
Strike a pose!
My handsome husband! I was brave and cut his hair for the first time last week. I think I did pretty good. What do you think?
Last weeks was Spring Break for the students. Brandon studied for his Boards most of the week, but he did take a little time to spend with the family. We had a bonfire with some friends one of the nights and roasted marshmallows and hot dogs.

8 comments:

Abarca's said...

Yay for good weather! Your pictures are super cute :)

Meggin said...

I so understand those bitter midwestern winters. Yikes. Hopefully the warmer weather is here to stay!

Andrea said...

I love Kayla posing in her swimsuit! haha. They are so cute! Nice job on the hair cut. I finally tried casey's about a month ago and it turned out pretty good. I don't know why i was such a chicken to try it.

Oriens said...

hahahaha. I love how you described your feelings at the end of an Iowa winter. SO TRUE.
This week it is suppose to get up to 70. WHOA. I can't even remember what that feels like.
cute pictures of the girls. =)

Angela Dougherty said...

I just love your blog...and you're exactly right, after an iowa winter you do just feel VICTORIOUS, like you can do anything! Ahhhh...springtime!

Tawnya said...

Those pictures of your girls are so cute!! They are so sweet. And I am with you on the winters here! FINALLY SPRING!

Missy said...

Your girls are soooo stinkin cute! I just want to eat them up!

What cute pictures!

Emily said...

darling pictures! I'm so jealous your spring is "sticking" we keep bouncing between spring and winter over here!