Thursday, September 2, 2010

5 Years ago today!

September 2nd 2005 was the best day of my life up to that point! The love of my life asked me to marry him! I'm so grateful for the last five years we have spent together. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me. He is the most patient, kind, lovable husband I could have ever wished for. Every year it gets better and I can't wait to see what the future brings.
We went to Brandon's family cabin about 1 1/2 hours away. Brandon's family came down too to join us. I had no idea what was going on. I thought we were just there to play. We started out by riding the four wheeler down to the lake.
There was a canoe waiting for us at the lake. Brandon said that it was his uncles and he always leaves it there. I still didn't suspect a thing. Brandon wanted us to row out to a small island in the middle of the lake because he wanted to show me something. I'm grateful I brought my camera along. I snapped pictures the whole time, not because I thought something was going on, but I just wanted to document our fun trip.
The island turned out being a pretty far row away. It took us about 45 min to get there. I wanted to turn back a few times because Brandon's sisters were waiting for us to get back so they could ride the four wheeler. I later found out that they just said that to throw me off.
Brandon and his best friends drove down to the cabin the night before and rowed out to the island to prepare for the next night. Brandon said that these four big boys in the canoe was a funny sight. The canoe was about to sink from all their weight.
When we got to the island Brandon blindfolded me. Finally at this point I knew what was happening. He led me a ways into the island and when he took of the blindfold this is what I saw! He had sprinkled rose petals all over the ground and he tried to light some candles, but it was too windy. There were two dozen roses on the table and a banana cream pie (my favorite!)
After I finished my pie this is what was written on my plate...
This was in the rose that held the ring.

I love my ring so much! It is so simple and elegant. He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! I said yes of course!
We went back to his cabin and my whole family was there along with Brandon's family. That was a wonderful surprise. I was on cloud nine!
When I got back to my house that night there were 4 more dozen roses waiting for me. I am the luckiest girl alive. He had planned out such a special night and everything went perfectly.

11 comments:

Angela Dougherty said...

oh my gosh that is the cutest story ever!! brandon's a stud...haha! You guys look so great!!

Tawnya said...

That is so sweet. And he is still good at surprising you. Sooo sweet!

Maddy said...

I have never heard your proposal story before... weird! I mean the story is cute, but weird that I've never heard it! Yay! I'm glad he chose you :) I can't believe that was 5 years ago... CRAZY! You guys look so young in those pictures!

Unknown said...

I love cute engagement stories! AWW I love romantic boys! YEA for brandon!

Meggin said...

I have never heard that story before. It's super cute!

nathan n rachel said...

That is so cute!

Mallory Stoker said...

What a cute story. It makes me so happy to read engagement stories!

Missy said...

Happy 5 Years! How fun to read your little proposal story! :)

Unknown said...

I love it! Way to go Brandon! I agree I love hearing about peoples engagement stories! Love it!

Emily said...

I love hearing how people got engaged! So cute!!

Erin said...

Also have never heard this story.. I was sitting on the edge of my seat even though I know how the story ends (or should we say begins:)). Who knew Brandon was so creative and romantic? That's awesome!!