Monday, July 20, 2009

We love our families!

We have had such a fun summer so far! I have been really bad at updating our blog so sorry to the two people that read it. I am just going to list the things that I haven't updated lately as well as post a zillion pictures to document it. To start off, we moved 2 months ago to a new house and we absolutley love it! It is twice the size of our last apartment and cheaper rent. Kayla turned two years old! She is getting so big and so smart and we love her so much. She makes us laugh every single day. I had a birthday as well. Brandon planned a surprise party for me which I had always told him that if he ever did that he would die! It ended up being really fun though and I was glad he did it. Both my family as well as Brandon's family drove out here for a week each and we were able to spend some time with them. We spent some time in Nauvoo when each family was visiting. We feel so lucky to have Nauvoo so close to us. We also got family pictures taken two months ago which I have just been too lazy (or busy) to post.



Kayla on her 2nd birthday. It is also the day we moved to our new house so there are boxes everywhere.
Me on my birthday!


All the friends that showed up for the party. The reason I told Brandon he better never throw me a party was because I always figured no one would show up. We had a great turnout though and I'm so grateful for all the friends that helped Brandon make the day so special.
Kayla and her Aunt Abby when she came to visit. Abby is 3 months older than Kayla and they are best friends.
Carthage Jail with the Egbert family next to the window where the prophet Joseph Smith fell.
Brandon's cute family
My cute little girls were pooped out from all the sight seeing.
Kayla at the lake. She loved the water!
Brandon's siblings Ali, Ashley, and Kaleb.
Mississippi River
Walking the Trail of Hope
My family in Nauvoo
Carthage Jail, outside the window where the prophet fell.
We were able to go to the Nauvoo Pageant with my family which was wonderful! We were rained on the entire time! They had fun pioneer activities before the pageant started. Jared and Brandon are pulling me and Kayla.
My family copying Brandon's family.
Tessa being a little cutie pie
Kayla at the lake with my family

This is the only picture I have with Kayla's real smile. It is so hard to get her to smile for pictures. She always does a fake smile that is pretty, but doesn't really look like her. I'm so happy I finally have one that shows just how beautiful she is!














18 comments:

Aimee said...

I see the Bankheads in your picture! We love them -- we were in the same BYU married student ward. Tell them hi next time you see them from the Patricks! Your family pictures are adorable.

Rachel said...

I dont know if we met before. Im Justin Gurr's wife. I found your blog through Nikki.

Super cute of your little girls! :) Justin's family was in Nauvoo too i think a week ago.

hope you dont mind me reading your blog. :)

Rach Romney said...

CUTE FAMILY!! Your girls are so cute and growing up so fast! Hope you had a wonderful birthday and how FUN to have both of the families come for a visit! Glad you got to move and have more space for everything, that is always a good thing! Are you still coming to Utah? If you are we would love to see you guys! Let us know!

Heather O'Brien said...

Cute pictures! We miss you guys. Your girls are getting so big. Hallie is the same way with smiling. Happy Birthday! And I'm glad you like your new place!

Meggin said...

Can I just say that you look amazing? Seriously, you look so beautiful! Your family looks great, too!

Angela Dougherty said...

First of all, how in the world did your families manage that amazing water tower? I am totally impressed. I love the pictures of your family, you guys are so cute! I'm glad you had fun in Nauvoo with everyone!!

Maddy said...

Brittany I just have to say you are absolutely beautiful... as in stunning like take my breath away. And so are your girls! Bryce says Brandon ith too! And I can't get too mad at myself if I don't look like you after #2 because you look AMAZZZZZING.

Tawnya said...

Clearly you have more than two people read your blog since I am the eight comment!

What great pictures. It looks like such a fun summer for you guys!

Frances said...

Happy Birthday! It looks like you had a great Vacation! I love all the pictures. How was navoo? I've never been and always wanted to, you've inspired me to get up there! You truly have a beautiful family! Will you be in Utah in August?

Sarah Keith said...

Your family is so so beautiful!!!! I love the pictures! Oh and your babies are GORGEOUS just like their mama! Isn't Nauvoo awesome!!!?

Megan said...

I really really want to go to Nauvoo sometime while we're in Wisconsin. I don't know how far it is away though...I should figure that out! Happy late Birthday!!! (yeah I know it's really late!) When do you guys go to Utah? Maybe we'll see you before we head back. Miss you!

The Hagen's said...

I cant believe how big your girls are! And might I just add that you look A-MAAAA-ZING! I wish that I could aspire to look like you.

Looks like you all had a blast on your trip to all the sites!

Natty said...

you guys are so lucky to be so close to Navuoo, Your fam is so cute, Oh I want to squeeze Tessa's face, she is beautiful!!!
It looks like you guys are doing good.

Megan said...

We'll be heading back to Wisconsin on the 11th so maybe we'll see you at church on Sunday if you go to your parents ward.

Chelise said...

Super cute family pics, Brittany. Tessa looks so big!

Ashley said...

Hi Brittany and Brandon, it's Ashley Allred (Burr.) Your girls are so beautiful and you are so brave to have two kids! I assume you guys are at the University of Iowa? We were so close to going there...but it looks like you are enjoying it. Just wanted to say hi!

Aggieland Mom said...

Cute pictures, looks like you had a lot of fun. Love the pictures of you crazy ladies after the movie night... HA! That made me laugh. (show me a girl who doesn't think Efron is a little hottie and I will call her a LIAR.) =)

Joe'n'Jess said...

I want to hear about what you've been doing LATELY!
PS the family pictures are SO cute!