Monday, October 20, 2008

Nauvoo Trip #2 and other random pictures

We went on a family walk yesterday since the weather is not going to be on our side for much longer. Kayla loves to explore.
Brandon is showing her a little caterpillar on a stick. She thought it was pretty cool, but when it would come close to her she wasn't too happy



We went to Nauvoo again with the ward on Saturday. Its really fun, but it is a very LONG day. Usually when we get home we just lay around the house because we are too tired to do anything and it is especially long for Kayla.
We had a little picnic at the park with our friends Jason and Caroline in Nauvoo.
Kayla loves the leaves. She calls them "weaves".

Try not to pay attention to my face in this picture. We were at our friends house one night and Kayla found these sunglasses and she wore them most of the night. She's so silly.

We carved pumpkins with our friends. Brandon did the one with the wolf baying at the moon. Pretty good, huh?

Kayla likes to be like mommy. She put on my oven mitts so she could help me cook.

I took Kayla to a local gymnasium so she could run around and play. She loves the foam block pit!
Kayla has an interesting little quirk lately. For some reason she has gotten really attached to this bottle of lotion. She carries it everywhere. It is a little silly, but very cute.
Kayla loves books. Her favorite thing is to sit on our lap and have us read a book to her. I go to the library every week and go crazy with all the picture books. She reads them to herself too and it is really cute.
Kayla is walking around in Daddy's shoes. She loves this beanie that she is wearing she puts it on ever day. Another one of her little quirks for the moment.

6 comments:

Maddy said...

kayla is soooooo cute! She's a little girl now, not a baby at all. She's grown up a ton even since we last saw her. What else is she saying? I can't wait to see you guys!

Andrea said...

She's adorable and getting so big! Is she almost 1 1/2 years?

Meggin said...

I can't believe how cute she is! That pink jacket that she is wearing in the Nauvoo pictures is adorable, too! Girl clothes are just more fun than boy clothes!

Wesley said...

Holy Cow Britt, Kayla is getting so big. I can't even believe it. Where does time fly. I swear it wasn't too long ago that we were just little kids too. It looks like you guys are having so much fun. What a neat experience you are getting. All grown up.... (tear, tear). :) I do however miss your guts. I guess Wes and I will just have to come visit you. That would be so much fun. We will work on it! :) Anyways, have a great day I send all my love!

Natty said...

what a silly little kid. You keep reading those books to her. Sitting on your lap reading books are on of those precious moments with your children

Megan said...

What a fun trip! How far is Nauvoo from you guys again? Kayla is getting so big I can't believe it!