Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Nauvoo Trip

A couple weeks ago we went with the ward on a ward temple trip to Nauvoo. It is so cool having our temple be the Nauvoo Temple. It is about 1:45 minutes away. What our ward does is have families take turns and volunteer different months to babysit at the stake center in Nauvoo so that other families can go to the temple. It was so cool to be there! We loved it so much! We finished our session and picked Kayla up at the church. It was getting close to her naptime and we had already been there a few hours so we ate lunch at a nearby deli with some friends and then walked around the town a little. I think we are going to have to visit Nauvoo a little at a time. We will go there every month for our temple trip and we will have to hit a couple landmarks every time.


Kayla and her friends walking down the sidewalk.
In front of Joseph Smith's house. The Mansion House.

6 comments:

Rach Romney said...

How fun!! I went their with my parents right before Brian and I got married and I loved it!! I got to do baptisms while my parents did a session and it was amazing! I can't wait to go back and experience it with Brian!

Meggin said...

Oh, I am jealous! Ever since I did the semester at Nauvoo 5+ years ago, I have been DYING to go back!

Oriens said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Are you planning on going the 18th? if so... want to carpool?

SarahandJD said...

I though IO better check out your blog before I forgot the link. I love all your sidebar photos. It's fun to see how little Kayla was. I can't believe how big these kiddies get so fast. We will have to get together again soon. Rocco was really enjoying Kayla at lunch today!

Chelise said...

Yay! I'm glad I found your blog! We have to do more together since we are such close neighbors :) Are you going to the apple orchards on Wednesday?

Heather O'Brien said...

This was the day I fell in love with your daughter (babysitting)!! Kayla is adorable. Your blog is so cute. Yes, we will for sure have to get together again soon!!